– December 11, 2008
Those seeking ideas for sustainable decorations this Christmas, should cast their eye to the keepers of the past. New Westminster’s Irving House museum is profiled on Gardenwise for their unusual twist on a traditional garland that uses real apples for a beautiful and memorable look.
At Irving House in New Westminster the halls really are decked with boughs of holly — and lots of other traditional accents that transform the home into a celebration of a Victorian Christmas.
There are probably not many better places to evoke the spirit of the season than at this heritage home, where visitors are transported back to the 1860s and the ambiance of Victorian times.
Full instructions (and more illustrations of these lovely and eco-friendly decorations) are on Gardenwise .
Latest posts by Briana Tomkinson (see all)
- In memory of New Westminster’s golden age: Wild Rice pays tribute to the King Neptune - September 29, 2015
- Your guide to Feast On The Fraser - September 23, 2015
- Feast like never before from Sept. 25 – Oct. 4 in New West - September 17, 2015
- Biggest one-day food truck fest in Canada comes to New West Aug 22 - August 9, 2015
- Four music stages, kids zone at 12th Street Music Festival on July 26 - July 12, 2015
- New Westminster outdoor movies in the park (2015) - July 8, 2015
- Pier Park water misters have arrived! - July 7, 2015
- How to report water violators - July 6, 2015
- Cool off with Loonie Skates at Moody Park Arena this summer - July 6, 2015
- Drop-in activities for your family’s summer ‘staycation’ - July 6, 2015
- The 12th Street bread store that’s so cheap – it’s practically free - July 2, 2015
- Free land! New West responds to affordable housing crisis - June 30, 2015
- Pier Park to get a little cooler - June 30, 2015
- Best poutine in
New Westthe Lower Mainland - June 28, 2015
- Canada Day in New Westminster - June 27, 2015
- Time to let go of ‘The Royal City’ name - June 23, 2015
- Board games, pinball and other old-school fun - June 22, 2015
- On June 18, get a sneak peek at the new ‘Front Street Mews’ - June 17, 2015
- On June 20, two neighbourhood garage sales in New West - June 16, 2015
- Where to shop for the best prices on fruit & vegetables in New West - June 14, 2015
- New West kids deserve fair lunch policy for all - June 13, 2015
- City warns of fire risk in New West - June 8, 2015
- Unicycle and juggling lessons now offered in New West - June 8, 2015
- Stay cool, New West: Summer fun at spray parks, splash pools, and beaches - June 5, 2015
- The first New West parklet goes to …. Sapperton! - June 4, 2015