Ruth Seeley is giving away one ticket to the Northern Voice blogging conference (Feb. 20/21). The catch is that it has to be someone new to blogging and social media. I think it’s a great idea. NV is supposed to be for both established bloggers and people who just want to see what the fuss is about. When tickets sell out less than five days after registration begins, it’s much more difficult for the newcomers to get involved.
To enter, leave a comment on Ruth’s No Spin PR blog with either a link back to your blog (if you have one) or your email address. The contest closes Jan. 31 and the winner will be announced Feb. 3.
Here are Ruth’s rules:
- You must be 35 or older to enter.
- You must be an entrepreneur. Solopreneur is fine.
- You must be truly bewildered by social media, but eager to learn.
- You must enter the contest by posting a comment on this blog post, with either a link to your own blog (if you have one) OR your email address. (There’s neoLuddite and then there’s Stone Age – if you don’t have an email address and don’t know how to access the Internet from even the public library, you’re not quite ready for social media).
- Your comment should include some details on what you hope to learn about social media and why you think social media can help you with your business endeavours.
- Your contest-entry comment must be registered on this blog post by midnight, PST, January 31, 2009.
- You must be a Northern Voice/blogging/social media conference newbie. If you’ve attended a seminar on social media (blogging, podcasting, Twittering, LinkedIn, etc.) lasting less than a day, you’re still eligible.
- The winner will be required to answer a simple skill-testing question designed to showcase his/her ability to use Google. Or a dictionary.