– May 1, 2010
The Vancouver Sun released a Metro Vancouver-wide database Friday that reveals campaign donors for mayors and councillors in the 2008 election. While the information has been available online for some time, obtaining it has been a bit of an ad-hoc affair, with each municipality handling the data differently and often publishing it in PDF form instead of a searchable database.
Today, we present New Westminster’s campaign donor information to you in an infographic, courtesy of Matthew Laird, who was a candidate in the 2008 election.
If this sort of thing interests you, you may want to check out Theresa McManus’s March 2009 blog post revealing some of the more unusual expenses and financial relationships that came to light in the 2008 election disclosure documentation.
The New Westminster 2008 election campaign financing information is also on the city’s website, organized by candidate.
Latest posts by Briana Tomkinson (see all)
- Biggest one-day food truck fest in Canada comes to New West Aug 22 - August 9, 2015
- Four music stages, kids zone at 12th Street Music Festival on July 26 - July 12, 2015
- New Westminster outdoor movies in the park (2015) - July 8, 2015
- Pier Park water misters have arrived! - July 7, 2015
- How to report water violators - July 6, 2015
- Cool off with Loonie Skates at Moody Park Arena this summer - July 6, 2015
- Drop-in activities for your family’s summer ‘staycation’ - July 6, 2015
- The 12th Street bread store that’s so cheap – it’s practically free - July 2, 2015
- Free land! New West responds to affordable housing crisis - June 30, 2015
- Pier Park to get a little cooler - June 30, 2015
- Best poutine in
New Westthe Lower Mainland - June 28, 2015
- Canada Day in New Westminster - June 27, 2015
- Time to let go of ‘The Royal City’ name - June 23, 2015
- Board games, pinball and other old-school fun - June 22, 2015
- On June 18, get a sneak peek at the new ‘Front Street Mews’ - June 17, 2015
- On June 20, two neighbourhood garage sales in New West - June 16, 2015
- Where to shop for the best prices on fruit & vegetables in New West - June 14, 2015
- New West kids deserve fair lunch policy for all - June 13, 2015
- City warns of fire risk in New West - June 8, 2015
- Unicycle and juggling lessons now offered in New West - June 8, 2015
- Stay cool, New West: Summer fun at spray parks, splash pools, and beaches - June 5, 2015
- The first New West parklet goes to …. Sapperton! - June 4, 2015
- Cuts to programs that help the homeless hurt us all - June 1, 2015
- Price Check: Chicken Edition - May 29, 2015
- Divided We Fall: Last chance to vote in the transit tax plebiscite - May 28, 2015