Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday, May 9. While thoughtful, free treats like breakfast in bed and family outings to special places are always a great idea for mums, it also feels good to have someone splurge on you. Shop locally, and you can find a great gift for mum while also supporting our community. Here are my New Westminster gift picks for Mother’s Day:
- Flower subscription from Queen’s Park Florist – A bouquet of flowers is expected, but sign her up for weekly deliveries of fresh flowers and come out smelling like roses.
- Royal City Rose – This Saturday only, line up at Queen’s Park Stadium between 9-10am for a limited edition Royal City Rose for Mom to plant in her garden. They are reputed to be both beautiful and hardy, just like mum.
- Pinky & Co. – Shopping for a new mom? Splurge on a designer diaper bag or a pretty nursing cover.
- Special three-course dinner at The Orange Room with free mimosas for mums!
- A special bottle or two from Pacific Breeze Winery, or sign Mom up for one of their wine tasting events.
- Gift certificate for Urban Phoenix. This heritage home-turned-spa is a unique and luxurious environment for a mother-daughter mani/pedi date.
- Flexpass tickets to the Vagabond Players (four tickets for $45, can be used anytime for any production).
- Mother’s Day Opera, May 9, 2pm at Massey Theatre, featuring two hours of crowd-pleasing classics from Puccini, Rossini and Mozart.
Those are some of my ideas, but I’m sure there’s more. What’s your best recco for a local Mother’s Day gift?
Advertising disclosure note: Queen’s Park Florist & Pinky & Co. are among our advertisers, however neither one paid for placement in this post. I just like them!