– August 19, 2010
New West gets its thrift on this weekend at the 4th Annual Quayside Boardwalk Festival & Sale. On Saturday, August 21 from 10am to 3pm, the boardwalk at the Quay will bustle with bargain-hunters seeking their treasures.
And boy, is there ever treasure to be found. At last year’s event I bought a sock monkey from a crafter who became my son’s most-beloved stuffed “friend,” artwork that still hangs in my living room, five pre-loved “action men” for Wesley (Spider-Man, GI Joe, Superman, Batman and Bob from Reboot), some orphaned china pieces that started a new collection for me and an awesome $2 lamp. In my experience, the Quayside Sale has better booty than the Queen’s Park sale, and it’s easier to shop because the tables are right next to each other along the kilometre-long sale.
Organizers expect 5,000 people to come down and shop over 150 tables of “deluxe junque.” There will also be fundraisers such as raffles and hot dog sales for various charities, food for sale from Royal City Farmers Market vendors, the Lion’s Club BBQ and others, live music, a kids’ zone with bouncy castle and slide, and more. There will also be a sidewalk sale along Columbia Street in partnership with the Downtown Business Improvement Association.
The event is rain or shine, so don’t let the chance of showers on Saturday dissuade you from dropping by.
Jen and I will be there too, as vendors, so if you come by please say hello!
Latest posts by Briana Tomkinson (see all)
- Four music stages, kids zone at 12th Street Music Festival on July 26 - July 12, 2015
- New Westminster outdoor movies in the park (2015) - July 8, 2015
- Pier Park water misters have arrived! - July 7, 2015
- How to report water violators - July 6, 2015
- Cool off with Loonie Skates at Moody Park Arena this summer - July 6, 2015
- Drop-in activities for your family’s summer ‘staycation’ - July 6, 2015
- The 12th Street bread store that’s so cheap – it’s practically free - July 2, 2015
- Free land! New West responds to affordable housing crisis - June 30, 2015
- Pier Park to get a little cooler - June 30, 2015
- Best poutine in
New Westthe Lower Mainland - June 28, 2015
- Canada Day in New Westminster - June 27, 2015
- Time to let go of ‘The Royal City’ name - June 23, 2015
- Board games, pinball and other old-school fun - June 22, 2015
- On June 18, get a sneak peek at the new ‘Front Street Mews’ - June 17, 2015
- On June 20, two neighbourhood garage sales in New West - June 16, 2015
- Where to shop for the best prices on fruit & vegetables in New West - June 14, 2015
- New West kids deserve fair lunch policy for all - June 13, 2015
- City warns of fire risk in New West - June 8, 2015
- Unicycle and juggling lessons now offered in New West - June 8, 2015
- Stay cool, New West: Summer fun at spray parks, splash pools, and beaches - June 5, 2015
- The first New West parklet goes to …. Sapperton! - June 4, 2015
- Cuts to programs that help the homeless hurt us all - June 1, 2015
- Price Check: Chicken Edition - May 29, 2015
- Divided We Fall: Last chance to vote in the transit tax plebiscite - May 28, 2015
- Ask Arbo: A new monthly feature coming to Tenth to the Fraser - May 28, 2015