As some of you may already be aware, Briana Tomkinson, the co-founder and publisher of this site, and myself, Jen Arbo, contributing editor, have started a part time business. Hyack Interactive is a boutique marketing consultancy devoted to providing writing, editing, social media coaching and strategic guidance to small businesses and community groups in and around New Westminster. It is the business arm of Tenth but it’s still the same us.
Something we are very thrilled to be able to announce is a Social Media Workshop for Small Businesses and Community groups on March 28th from 7-9:30pm at River Market.
Social media marketing can be an inexpensive and effective way for small businesses to cultivate loyalty and win new customers and for community groups and non profits to find supporters and volunteers, but there’s more to it than just creating a Facebook page or Twitter account. The 2.5 hour workshop, aimed at local businesses and community organizations, is designed to teach how to connect with people in New Westminster and beyond through social media.
- How to find out which social media tools your target audience is using, with insights from New Westminster’s social media ecosystem
- How to choose which social media tools to use to promote your organization
- What your customers like (and don’t like) to see from businesses using social media
- Local success stories from small businesses and not-for-profit organizations
- Spin-off benefits of social media, including public relations, customer satisfaction and search engine optimization
Register before March 11th and save $20 off the regular price of $69 plus HST!
Please follow this link to register.