The Vancouver Foundation is hosting a free “Community Conversation” event June 23rd at Centennial Community Centre to explore how a strong sense of belonging and social connections can strengthen neighbourhood ties and help build a more vibrant New Westminster.
Organizers say this is a chance to connect with other New West residents and organizations and talk about:
- How does New Westminster welcome newcomers to the community?
- What are the opportunities for interaction and sharing amongst neighbours?
- Where are the opportunities for volunteerism in New Westminster?
- How does your community share its local food and support nutritious meals?
- What opportunities are available in your community to participate in sports and activities?
- What are the ways New Westminster celebrates multiculturalism and diversity?
Doors are at 5:30pm, with some short presentations at 6, then small table discussions, and then a refreshment and social period starting at 8.
Check out this link for more on the “Community Conversations” series the Vancouver Foundation is putting on.
Although the event is free, pre-registration through Eventbrite is requested due to a limited number of seats.