Voting underway for New West’s inaugural ONE Prize
Three community-building ideas in New Westminster will get a boost from Donald’s Market and River Market, winning cash and publicity from the inaugural ONE Prize. Funded through a customer appreciation program that allocates 1% of member sales to community projects, five shortlisted projects will vie for votes in hopes of winning a portion of the $5,000 in this year’s pot.
This year’s diverse ideas include initiatives related to food, art, social media, volunteering and entrepreneurship.
The finalists this year are:
- ARTISTS IN THE MARKET - Local artists of diverse practices showcase the fruits of their labour at River Market for everyone to enjoy!
- NEW WE.ST CAREFULLY CURATED - Carefully curated local feeds and searches mixed with crowd sourced events, links, pictures, and conversation.
- POPLUCK - A series of pop up dinners in open-air public spaces across the city that combine an element of surprise with a love of well-prepared, fresh, and local food.
- SOCIAL GENERATION AWARD - What happens when we encourage young people to let their imagination go and give them seed money to get it going?
- THANKSGIVING IN JULY - Seniors Services Society says “Thanks” to their volunteers for all that they give with a special Thanksgiving luncheon in July.
The winners will be chosen by ONE Members via online voting. The top three vote-getters will win funding for their idea, $3,000 for the most popular project and $1,000 each for the two runners-up.
If you’re not a member of the ONE Program, you can sign up at Donald’s Market.