For many, the focus from everyday life turns towards the spirit of giving during the holiday season. This year River Market invited ten citizens from New Westminster to shop for gifts on River Market’s dollar. Many would say these citizens are actively engaged in making this wonderful city better each day. These individuals were tasked to hand pick each item which they thought would make a great gift and their only parameter was that they had $50 to spend. Once they were done their shopping, they would wrap the gift and deliver it to an organization of their choice in New West.
Nadine Nakagawa, who lives and works in New Westminster is this edition’s secret Santa. Nadine is the current President of the Brow of the Hill Residents Association, and actively volunteers for a number of causes. Nadine chose to shop for the Lower Mainland Purpose Society for Youth and Families. “They do lots of good work with the youth of the community,” she says.
- Stickers – Schnoo and the Pachooch
- Theo Gingerbread Spice Chocolate Bar – Donald’s Market
- Theo Peppermint Stick Chocolate Bar – Donald’s Market
- Pumpkin Spice Tea – Great Wall Tea
- Jellyfish Airplant – Bunches and Blooms
- Neem Oil Soap – Jolene’s Natural Soapworks
- Rice Crackers – Donald’s Market
Nadine says that if someone was her secret Santa, she’d just want them to make a donation to the charity of their choice on her behalf.