Hello! Welcome (back) to Tenth to the Fraser! Here’s a little introduction about me, Carly Fryer, your new resident collaborator, cultivator, curator and keeper.
Jen recently asked me if I would be interested in continuing the tradition that is Tenth to the Fraser. About two years ago I introduced myself to Jen at the New West Farmers Market. We’d interacted over social media and I recognized her from photos so I went up and introduced myself – “I’m Carly, you may know me as @theregoescarly.” (Seriously, that’s how I introduce myself to people that have only known me on social media.) Jen saw some potential and later recruited me as a board member for the New West Farmers Market where I am the Board President (as many of you know Jen was also a previous board member and President). Now I have been gifted a huge responsibility of steering Tenth to the Fraser. Thank you Jen! (I also promise I will not join the McBride Elementary PAC and three-peat filling the impressive shoes of Jen.)
Who is Carly Fryer you may ask?
- I am a resident of New West and have been for just over 10 years.
- I enjoy walking, running and hiking as well as exploring our city as much as possible.
- In 2011 I moved to London to work for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and prior to that I worked for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- My cat, Lucy, is a constant source of amusement.
- Hawaii (Maui) is one of my favourite travel destinations. You may see a few photos pop up here and then.
As is tradition with Tenth to the Fraser, outside contributions and content is welcomed as well as ideas for collaboration. I preface this with the fact that I work full-time and commute at least two hours a day. So my time and energy might be limited but I find with a new challenge I am often re-energized. If you see me around please feel free to say hi, drop me a line or give me a high five.
Bring it on!