River Market ONE Prize winners
River Market and Donald’s Market are excited to announce the 2012 ONE Prize Winners!
Back in January, River Market announced a call for proposals and received over 30 excellent project proposals. They shortlisted five projects for ONE members to vote. During the two-week voting period, over 300 ballots were received. The following three projects received the most votes.
- Gold Prize ($3,000) to Tegan Cheremkora and Taryn Barrett: Artists in the Market – Local artists of diverse practices showcase the fruits of their labour at River Market for everyone to enjoy!
- Silver Prize ($1,000) to Neal Michael: Popluck - A series of pop up dinners in open-air public spaces across the city that combine an element of surprise with a love of well-prepared, fresh, and local food.
- Bronze Prize ($1,000) to Minna Van: Social Generation Award – What happens when we encourage young people to let their imagination go and give them seed money to get it going?
In the coming months, these projects will come to fruition. You are invited to participate and join the festivities.
The two other shortlisted projects were:
- NewWe.st Carefully Curated - Carefully curated local feeds and searches mixed with crowd sourced events, links, pictures, and conversation.
- Thanksgiving in July - Seniors Services Society says “Thanks” to their volunteers for all that they give with a special Thanksgiving luncheon in July.
River Market and Donald’s Market would like to thank everyone who submitted a project proposal. All the proposals demonstrated creativity and care for the New Westminster community. Thank you to all the ONE members whose purchasing dollars contributed to the ONE Prize fund. ONE members can pick up their brand new ONE Key Tags at Donald’s Market to start enjoying the numerous ONE Perks.
Stay hungry and curious,
River Market and Donald’s Market