If you’re interested in contributing to our “Photo Essay” series, please read on for guidelines.
We welcome you to submit your works for the “Photo Essay” series Your set can be based on a theme, or not.
- This is a volunteer contribution, however we do link to any websites/portfolios/online shops and promote the posts on social media, and we give a lot of room for creativity.
- The photos don’t need to be taken specifically for this “assignment”, they can be drawn from your archive.
- Watermarked photos are perfectly okay and are encouraged, so long as they can still be viewed.
- Photos do need to be shot in New West or feature portraits of New Westminster people.
- We’d need permission to have them in our archive in perpetuity and if the image has people in it, we’d need assurance the subject has signed a waiver if required.
- We’d link to a bio/website/portfolio for the photographer in the introduction of the post if desired.
- Ideally, some supplied captions would be great – these help people understand why the photo was selected or what they are looking at.
- We publish the photo essay as a tiled mosaic in the post but if you click on any photo it opens a full size gallery.
- We promote the posts on our social media and if the photographer has a page or social handle they’d like linked to, we’d include that.
- Ideal size is at least 1200 px wide.
If this sounds like it might be up your alley, please get in touch. We appreciate locals contributing to this feature so that we can show off the unique angles in New Westminster.