The streets of Uptown New West will once again be filled with music, art, food and fun. Uptown Live is back on Saturday, July 21, 2018 and it is better than ever!
This event, presented by TD, is a street party like no other. With four incredible music stages, the Cariboo Beer Garden, food trucks, artisans, Royal City Wrestling and interactive activities, this event celebrates music and art and New West to the hilt.
The event takes place rain or shine in the heart of Uptown New West in and around the intersection of Sixth and Sixth. The music plays from 12 to 9 so bring your dancing shoes!
The four live music stages – two along Sixth St, one at Sixth Avenue and Seventh St, and an acoustic stage in the plaza at the entrance to London Drugs on Sixth St- bring some of the best in BC-based Indie music to New West and is headlined by Hey Ocean a Vancouver-based Classic Pop, Indie and Alternative Rock group featuring band members Ashleigh Ball, David Vertes and David Beckingham.
2018 Festival Schedule
Wondering who’s coming to Uptown Live? We’ve got you covered (Note: Times and performer details are subject to change.)
On the TD Main Stage
- 12:00 pm– The Faceplants
- 1:00 pm– Che’ Aimee Dorval
- 2:00 pm– Disco Funeral
- 3:00 pm– Sam the Astronaut
- 4:00 pm– The Tourist Company
- 5:00 pm– John Welsh & Los Valientes
- 6:00 pm– Kow Kanda
- 7:00 pm– Daniel James’ Brass Camel
- 8:00 pm– Hey Ocean!
On the Douglas College Main Stage
- 12:30 pm– Antonio Larosa
- 1:30 pm– The Escapes
- 2:30 pm– Air Stranger
- 3:30 pm– Kow Kanda
- 4:30 pm– Disco Funeral
- 5:30 pm– The Tourist Company
- 6:30 pm– Sam the Astronaut
On the Key West Ford Main Stage
- 12:30 pm– Gentle Mind
- 1:30 pm– Sam Lynch
- 2:30 pm– Belcarra
- 3:30 pm– Jessica Barbour
- 4:30 pm– Major Fantasy
- 5:30 pm– Gleneagle
- 6:30 pm– The Echos
On the London Drugs Plaza Stage
- 12:30 pm– Shaun Rawlins
- 1:30 pm– Tyler Bartfai
- 2:30 pm– Antonio Larosa
- 3:30 pm– Rachael Schroeder
- 4:30 pm– Mad for Joy
- 5:30 pm– Kaya Kurz
Tips for making your Uptown Live experience EPIC!
Uptown Live runs from 12-9, and with a few tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make the best out of your day.
- Street closures begin at 7 am on Sixth St, Sixth Ave, Belmont St and Princess St. Take public transit, bike or walk if you can.
- If you need to drive, there is free all-day parking during the event at both the Royal City Centre (at 610 Sixth St with the parkade entrance on Seventh St) and Westminster Centre (at 555 Sixth St with access southbound on Fifth St). There is also metered street parking throughout the area.
- Royal City Wrestling is taking place at Royal City Centre Mall starting at 5 pm. This fantastic family friendly event is a great way to take a break from the heat and get your wrestling on!
- In addition to 20 food trucks on site, there are incredibly Uptown New West restaurants, cafes and bars that can help you keep your belly full and your feet dancing
- Make sure you visit the merchant booths, artisans fair and information tables featuring many local businesses and artist. Share the New West love!
- Wear fun pants. You’ll need them.Uptown Live takes place Saturday, July 21 from 12 to 9 pm in the heart of Uptown New West. Can’t wait to see you there!
For more, check out: MyUptown